- A rich warm color with a brownish hue
- (Earth Tones) Colors found in nature. Most often thought of are brown and beige but the natural earth displays itself in an entire array of colors depending on the chemicals or minerals present.
- (The Earth Tones) The University at Albany – SUNY, also known as the State University of New York at Albany, SUNY Albany, UAlbany, is a public university located in Albany, Guilderland, and East Greenbush, New York, United States; is the senior campus and a flagship campus of the State
- Earth tone is a color scheme that draws from a color palette of browns, tans, greys, greens, oranges, whites, blues and some reds. The colors in an earth tone scheme are muted and flat in an emulation of the natural colors found in soil, moss, trees and rocks.
- One, or any mixture, of the constituents into which light can be separated in a spectrum or rainbow, sometimes including (loosely) black and white
- The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way the object reflects or emits light
- The use of all colors, not only black, white, and gray, in photography or television
- a distinguishing emblem; “his tie proclaimed his school colors”
- (color) a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; “a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light”
- a flag that shows its nationality
- apply paint to; coat with paint; “We painted the rooms yellow”
- make a painting; “he painted all day in the garden”; “He painted a painting of the garden”
- a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating; “artists use `paint’ and `pigment’ interchangeably”
- A colored substance that is spread over a surface and dries to leave a thin decorative or protective coating
- An act of covering something with paint
- Cosmetic makeup
earth tone paint colors – Violet Purple
Violet Purple Art 'Violet Rhapsody' – 62×24 in. – Huge Colorful Metal Painting, Unique Purple & Pink Color Accents. Large 7-Panel Sculpture Design, Great Wall Accent for Contemporary Earth Tone Decor.
The ‘Violet Rhapsody’ violet purple art is a bright, bold colorful abstract metal painting. This huge 7-panel sculpture design features a swirl design grind pattern on the surface of the metal panels. The modern pink & purple artwork has been designed by a professional American artist, specializing in abstract home accents and contemporary metal wall art. The sleek metal art panels of this 7-panel piece give sharp geometry and modern appeal to the sculpture. The unique colors of this abstract art fade into each other in a clever pattern, creating a bright, noticeable accent against virtually any wall. These particular colors work beautifully with contemporary earth tone decor. The semi-transparent painting process allows the decorative grind pattern on the metal panels to shine through. These multi-panel metal wall sculptures allow for flexibility in orientation: some choose a traditional horizontal line, others prefer a vertical line, while others still arrange the metal panels in a more sporadic or random layout. The artist recommends hanging the artwork as seen in the photographs. Regardless of the orientation on your wall, the abstract metal art design and earth tone-inspired colors of ‘Violet Rhapsody’ will be a great conversation piece on your wall as the artwork accents the decor of any modern, abstract or contemporary office or home. Please note: all items are hand made by the artist, so each one may have some slight variation in pattern but will match perfectly in color.
color sketch based on an earth tone triad – payne’s grey, burnt sienna, and yellow ochre
Abstract Earth Tones
Abstract painting of 4 different earth tones; sun, sky, earth, and shadow.